We are recruiting on the behalf of an exciting business based in Christchurch, Dorset, seeking to add an experienced Workshop Controller to their team on a permanent basis. Reporting to the Aftersales Manager you will be responsible for the following:
- Supervising and motivating our team of Service Technicians (x10 Technicians as well as a Workshop Foreman) and proactively reviewing daily workload to seek opportunities that will help drive performance.
- Maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction by implementing quality checks, resolving any issues, and re-assuring customers by providing all necessary information and advice.
- Supervises the daily time keeping of technicians and manages authorised absence to ensure a consistent level of attendance.
- Maintaining relationships with vehicle manufacturer and providing technical information for Technicians during repair operations.
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations and ensuring high standards of housekeeping and security are achieved and maintained within the workshop and surrounding areas.
- Our client is looking for someone with a technical mentality, someone who has managed teams of staff as well as managing individuals, someone who is extremely well organised and can manage diaries and schedules on a day to day basis.
- The ideal candidate will come from a technical background, and has a sound knowledge of the motor trade sector and workshop environment
- We will also consider candidates from transferable industries outside of the motor trade, looking for a career change or progression in a different line of work.
Basic salary (experience dependant) up to £28K with a realistic OTE of £32K +, plus fantastic company benefits.
Hours will be 08:00 - 17:30 Monday to Friday, Saturdays (1 in 4 weekends) 08:00 - 12:30.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Josh Maitland, Silcom Recruitment. firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02380 016174 in strict confidence.