We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join an established business based on the outskirts of Milton Keynes/ Bletchley on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Management Accountant and working within a team, the ideal candidate will possess experience across a variety of transactional accounting duties with a focus on cash books and banking.
Duties to include:
- Collation, processing and verification of payments through the companies online banking system, for up to 7 site locations.
- Publication of the group banking position to Directors and processing of inter funds transfers to agreed balance limits.
- Collation, posting and allocation of Cashbook’s and daily site banking receipts for up to 7 site locations
- Reconciliation of bank accounts.
- Produce and publish regular Sales ledger debtors reports to internal departments
- Produce and distribute Sales Ledger statements to customers as required
- Oversee and assist with the credit control function for Sales ledger customers, pursuing debts that fall outside of the companies agreed terms.
- Perform Credit checks and setup of New Sales ledger customers as needed
- Reconciliation of key vehicle debtor and creditor balance sheet accounts
- Other ad-hoc tasks as required
- Good Understanding of Cashbook/Banking and Sales Ledger functions
- Experience with working with a significant volume of Purchase and Sales invoices, suppliers, customers and internal departments
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Used to working to tight deadlines
- Good Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Excel skills, experience of Motor Retail systems useful but not essential
Salary up to £25,000 dependant on experience.
08:30-5:00 with 60 minutes for lunch. Flexible hours available.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Josh Maitland, email@example.com or call 02380 016174 in strict confidence.