We are recruiting on behalf of a well-established motor trade business based in Cambridge. My client is looking to add an experienced Service Advisor to join their Service Reception team, you will be responsible for the following:
Duties will include:
- To greet all customers cheerfully and attend to their requirements promptly.
- To obtain and record full customer/vehicle details and accurate description of work to be carried out.
- To liaise with the Foreman/Service Manager on the progress of vehicles in the Workshop.
- To inform customers of any delay in completion (Complying with the Company Pledge)
- To maintain the Workshop loading system.
- To inform customers of any work which it has not been possible to carry out and arrange future appointment for completion.
- To prepare both cash and account invoices.
- To present cash customers with an invoice and receive payment before the vehicle is removed from the premises.
- To deal with customer queries and complaints.
- In conjunction with the Service Manager ensuring “Workshop loading” utilises full labour potential.
- To ensure that information required for Warranty items is recorded on the Job Card.
- To liaise with Parts Department regarding parts on order for vehicles in the Workshop/Service customers/forthcoming bookings.
- To file Job Cards and other documentation.
- To be fully flexible so as to be able to cover a wide-ranging variety of duties which may be required of any employee of the Company at any time and in any area of the Company’s operation, as deemed necessary by the Managing Director, Finance Director, and Group Aftersales Director or Department Manager.
- To promote good customer relations.
- To ensure customers’ instructions or requirements are recorded and carried out.
- To sell available labour and services.
- To support and implement the Company’s Quality System and carry out the responsibilities documented in the relevant procedure manuals.
- To observe Fire and Safety regulations at all times.
You will ideally be working in a similar position, with ideally a minimum of 2 years' main dealer experience in Aftersales. Motor trade experience is desirable but not essential if you have strong transferable experience. Pinnacle experience (or similar) would be beneficial. Our client is looking for someone who will need to be empathetic with customers and the ability to up sell where possible. Excellent communication skills. Team player with a flexible attitude; is willing to ensure customer satisfaction. You need to hold a full driving licence.
Salary £22,000 - £23,000 basic (experience dependant) plus £35,000 OTE
Hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am - 6:00pm, working a rota on Saturdays 8:00pm - 12pm (1 in 3)
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Katie Juckes, Silcom Recruitment. email@example.com or call 02380 016174 in strict confidence.