We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join an established business based on the outskirts of Milton Keynes/ Bletchley on a full time basis.
Reporting to the Management Accountant and working within a team, the ideal candidate will possess experience across a variety of transactional accounting duties with a focus on Sales Ledger & Credit Control.
Duties to include:
• Assist with the maintenance of the Purchase Ledger for multiple 7 sites
• Online scanning & coding of circa, 400 invoices weekly into company system
• Daily downloads of invoices / credit notes from vehicle manufacturer systems
• Matching invoices to electronic Goods Received Notes for payment approval
• Dealing with supplier queries and liaising with internal departments to resolve issues
• Assist with Monthly Supplier statement reconciliations for all accounts
• Assist with the preparation of monthly BACS payment runs
• Assist with the PL Month End Processes – ensuring all payments have been allocated, all documentation processed, accounts reconciled and the PL agrees to the general ledger
• Assist with the collation, posting and allocation of Cashbook’s and daily site banking receipts
• Produce and publish regular Sales ledger debtors reports to internal departments
• Produce and distribute Sales Ledger statements to customers
• Perform Credit checks and setup of New Sales ledger customers
• Credit control function for Sales ledger customers, pursuing debts that fall outside of the companies agreed terms.
• Reconciliation of key vehicle debtor and creditor balance sheet accounts
• Other ad-hoc tasks as required
• Good Understanding of Purchase Ledger and Sales Ledger functions
• Experience with working with a significant volume of Purchase and Sales invoices, suppliers, customers and internal departments
• Accuracy and attention to detail
• Used to working to tight deadlines
• Good Communication Skills
• Team Player
• Excel skills, experience of Motor Retail systems useful but not essential
Salary up to £24,000 dependant on experience.
08:30-5:00 with 60 minutes for lunch. Flexible hours available.
If you believe you have the necessary knowledge, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in this position, then we would like to hear from you.
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to Josh Maitland, email@example.com or call 02380 016174 in strict confidence.